Job Opportunity: Everybody Eats Project Manager
Food First NL is a provincial, non-profit organization with a growing network of over 3,000 organizations and individuals actively engaged in improving food security across the province. Food First NL’s mission is to actively promote comprehensive, community-based solutions to ensure physical and economic access to adequate and healthy food for all.
Food First was founded in 1998 in response to growing concerns of hunger and poverty in the province. Since then, Food First has grown into a hub for food security work in Newfoundland and Labrador by catalyzing and supporting community-based food security programs; increasing awareness and understanding of food security and its impacts; and increasing engagement and facilitating dialogue on food security issues across the province.
In November 2015, Food First NL launched Everybody Eats: A Discussion Paper on Food Security in Newfoundland and Labrador (www.foodfirstnl.ca/our-projects/everybody-eats), to spark a provincial dialogue on food security in NL. Since its release, Food First NL and its partners have engaged over 850 people from across the province in over 2,200 hours of discussion on the future of food in NL, through 26 events/meetings and an online forum.
With this level of engagement and input on food security in NL, Food First NL and its partners are ready to lead the development of a common roadmap for advancing food security in NL.
Food First NL is seeking a Project Manager to lead the next phase of Everybody Eats, including the development of a common roadmap and establishment of a collective model for advancing food security in NL.
The Project Manager will be responsible for:
(1) Coordinating a Provincial Leadership Team to oversee the development and implementation of a common roadmap for advancing food security in NL
(2) Engaging and convening partners from diverse sectors across Newfoundland & Labrador in advancing food security in NL, including:
a. Ongoing communication and engagement with numerous partners and key stakeholders
b. Organizing a Provincial Planning Forum to bring together key stakeholders to inform development of a common vision and roadmap
c. Supporting the development of Working Groups to focus on advancing priority food security issues
(3) Coordinating the development and dissemination of a “What we Heard” summary synthesizing findings collected through Everybody Eats
(4) Coordinating the development and implementation of an evaluation plan to monitor progress made on the common roadmap for food security in NL
(5) Identifying opportunities for alignment and action among partners to advance food security in the province
(6) Other duties as required
Skills & Qualifications:
· Degree or diploma in a related discipline
· 3+ years practical experience in related role
· Experience facilitating networks, and strong ability to develop and maintain partnerships for advancing common goals
· Experience in strategy development and implementation
· Some experience with evaluation, including developing and implementing evaluation plans
· Knowledge of effective models for collaboration, such as Collective Impact
· Understanding of NL food security and food systems issues
· Experience working with a non-profit organization
· Strong processional communications skills, both verbal and written
· Strong organizational and time-management skills to manage multiple activities and projects
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office
Commensurate with relevant experience
Employment Start Date:
12 months with opportunity for renewal
This position will be based out of Food First NL’s St. John’s office
How to Apply:
Please submit your resume and cover letter as one PDF document using the following file name format “NAME_Food First NL Project Manager” to Kristie Jameson, Executive Director at firstname.lastname@example.org by May 17th 2017
While we thank all applicants for their interest in Food First NL, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.