We are so excited to introduce the...
Click on THIS LINK or on the Food Skills Workshops tab on the menu bar at the top of this page to get started using them right away! They're ready for individuals and community groups to use for free to host events!
What are the Topics?
Edible Wild Plants
Preparing Local Vegetables
Using Culinary Herbs
Why Host a Food Skills Workshop?
The RCR Food Skills Workshops are easy to use and FREE.
Hosting a Food Skills Workshop can have so many benefits!
- Help to preserve traditional food skills and knowledge;
- Learn practical, hands-on food skills that promote healthy eating and are part of an active lifestyle;
- Meet and connect with other like-minded individuals that care about creating supportive local food communities;
- Gain awareness of ways to live sustainably with minimal impact on the environment;
- Build confidence through recognizing the value of the skills and knowledge that they and other local people already have;
- Connect with organizations and groups in the area that offer valuable services and opportunities;
- Discover affordable ways to enjoy locally produced, healthy foods year-round; and
- Become better connected with their food system and gain a greater understanding of community food security.
Who Should Host a Food Skills Workshop?
Any individual or community group that is interested in sharing food skills can host a workshop!
The workshops are meant to be introductory learning experiences, both for participants attending the workshops and facilitators preparing them. Included in each workshop is background information on the topic, supplementary resources, and detailed activity plans. After carefully reading through those materials, facilitators will hopefully feel confident hosting their own workshop even it the topic is new for them too.
How Do I Get Started?
You can start today:
- Sharing them with people via email, Facebook and Twitter!
- Reading them to learn more about food skills!
- Using them to organize a workshop in your community!