Application Period Closed January 5, 2018. Funding has been awarded. Visit the SCOFF page to learn more.
Do you have an idea for how to improve food security for seniors in Newfoundland & Labrador? Food First NL is inviting groups across Newfoundland & Labrador to apply for up to $300 to support their ideas for helping to improve access to healthy, local food for seniors across the province.
Here are some ideas that you could apply for:
- Community Events (such as food skills workshops, community meals, or film screenings)
- Program Start-up or Improvement (for programs such as community kitchens or bulk-buying clubs)
- Education or Training on Food Security and Food Skills for seniors or people that work with seniors
- Resource Development and Distribution (on topics that help to improve food security among seniors)
- Equipment, Supply, or Ingredient Purchases (that would support food security programs)
- Public Engagement on food security issues important to seniors
This list is meant for inspiration -- we encourage you to think outside the box!
You can apply by downloading this application form (PDF), filling it out, and returning it to Sarah Ferber, Education Manager, by email to email@example.com, by fax to 709-237-4231, or in person or by mail to the Food First NL office at 44 Torbay Rd., Suite 110, St. John's, NL A1A 2G4.
Whichever method you choose, please get your applications to Sarah by Friday, January 5th 2018.
This is part of our SCOFF: Seniors' Celebration of Food & Film Initiative.