- A conventional farmer looking for more information on ecological farming?
- An organic farmer interested in expanding with value-added product?
- A market gardener wishing to extend your production (and revenue) season?
- An organic vegetable gardener interested in making better use of your space?
- A teacher or youth advocate looking to involve young people in farming and food self-sufficiency?
- A researcher interested in food policy initiatives in other provinces?
- Do you just want to know how to help feed yourself and your family?
It’s all there, and much more… at ACORN-NL’s 1st Sustainable Farming Conference this weekend October 22-24… and they have an impressive lineup for you to choose from: workshops, on-farm practical sessions, panel discussions, Q&A sessions, even a by-appointment one-on-one with for info on organic certification standards
With keynote speakers and guest presenters including:
Theresa Schumilas (Ontario) – an organic farmer & expert in community economic development with local, sustainable food systems
Wayne Roberts (Ontario) – Mgr, Toronto Food Policy Council & author of “The No-Nonsense Guide to World Food”
Rupert Jannasch (N.Sc) – Organic Transition Specialist
Norbert Kungl (N.Sc) – Selwood Green Organic Farm & Pres. of Nova Horticultural Consultants
For registration info and the itinerary, check out the ACORN-NL website.
For further information contact:
Conference Coordinator: Mark Wilson firstname.lastname@example.org 709.764.3169
or ACORN-NL Coordinator Alison Dyer email@example.com 709.576.1312