When: May 2 - 8Where: MUN Botanical Garden, 306 Mt. Scio Rd., St. John's
Come to MUN Botanical Garden May 2-8 and celebrate composting! Admission to the Garden will be free all week. Activities will include free lunch-time workshops, compost displays and demonstrations, family activities, and lots of composting information.
Free Lunch-time Lectures: Attend free lunch time compost and gardening information demonstrations, offered weekdays, noon – 1 p.m. (Registration is not required).
- Monday, May 2 – The ABC’s of Composting by Cathy Parsons, MMSB
- Tuesday, May 3 ‑ Vermicomposting (Worm Composting) by Anne Madden, Education Coordinator
- Wednesday, May 4 - Getting the Most From Your Soil by Roy Stares, Assistant Gardener
- Thursday, May 5 ‑ Waking Up Your Spring Garden Bed by Carl White, Head Gardener
- Friday, May 6 – Spring Gardening Q&A – Be sure to bring your gardening questions for our staff to answer.Family Program: On Sunday, May 8, bring the family along to a special Three Cheers for Composting Family Program. In addition to exhibits and information, there will be children’s compost crafts and activities, nature hikes, duck feeding, story time and healthy snacks.
For more information please visit www.mun.ca/botgarden or call 864-8590.